There are certain differences between Johannesburg and Switzerland which are crucial. Check out the overview below before taking off to Joahnesburg.
- Temperature: The average temperature is 30˚C during the summer months and 15˚C during the winter months.
- Time difference: Johannesburg is 1 hour ahead of GMT during the summer and 2 hours ahead during the winter.
- Currency: The South African rand (ZAR).
- Language: There are 11 official languages in South-Africa. English and Afrikaans are two of them.
- Required travel documents: The rules and regulations of travel documents and visa applications change frequently. There can also be different requirements.
- Health: Information about the (mandatory) vaccinations change constantly. Current information can be found on Travel Health Pro and NHS or consult your GP surgery.